Sunday 25 August 2013

Portabello mushroom burger

The bank holiday is made for over indulgance in all things. This is noticable by the bank holiday posts I have made. It is partly the luxury of more time, and the rare occurance of the bank holiday that does make me think, 'let us eat cake', or in this case 'let us eat burger and chips'. So that's what I made for our lunch today.

I have also become a massive convert to the way of soda bread as it is so easy to make and so fresh, that I decided I also needed some soda bread rolls for my burger. See here.

What you will need
4 portabello mushrooms
4 bread rolls (soda rolls in my case)
4 tea spoons pesto
1 ball of mozzarella cheese
Pinenuts
1 avocado

Place a tea spoon of pesto in the middle of the mushroom, place a quarter of the mozzarella on top of the pesto and season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over some pine nuts. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.


Slice the avocado before serving and split between the burgers as garnish.

These need to be served on the lovely fresh rolls with a side of (healthy?)oven baked chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment