Thursday 18 December 2014

Tas, Southbank, London

My time in my current office is coming to an end and with this little gem just around the corner, the team felt we needed just another outing (as if there aren’t enough in December!) to celebrate our time together. This lovely little family run Anatolian restaurant also does a fantastic set menu which is excellent value.
 
We booked a table, fearing the onslaught of christmas parties would make walking in unfeasible. However, we did not need to worry; they had tables of parties, simple lunchers and walk-ins alike.

 
I had had a late breakfast of toast from the canteen which is highly irregular for me so could face the set menu which did look delicious. I instead nibbled on the amuse bouche of bread, dip and yoghurt olives that was presented. Others chose the Greek salad, hummus and baked mushrooms. Each was generous in portion and looked and I am informed tasted fresh and flavoursome.




We did all in unison opt for the Turkish pizza known as pide. I, for my life couldn’t understand how I have not had this before? I am seasoned mezze muncher and holidayed in Turkey last year? Truly scandalous. Regardless, I opted for a simple sundried tomatoes and cheese pizza which was delicious. The bread was crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The classic combo of cheese and tomatoes was gooey and tangy.
Others had mince, but meat free pide, great for non-cheese lovers (I know, there is apparently such a thing!?) and aubergine varieties, which they reported were delicious. Once again, we were all extremely happy with our meal.

 
For those that had the set menu, and in fact some it was having the dainty little stuffed apricots to finish that informed their menu choice. I was lucky enough to share the portion delivered to a colleague. These sun dried apricots and fresh, slightly chewy and sweet, filled with cream honey and nuts. The perfect way to finish this meal.
 

So whether you work in the area or are just visiting as a tourist, this is a fantastic value eaterie in the high priced Borough area. I shall be returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment